Commercial Programmes – Getting Started
1. Familarise yourself with the Student Handbook
The handbook can be found at: https://logisticslearningalliance.com/student-handbook/
You should read the whole handbook but in the first instance, pay particular attention to the following sections:
- Sending Emails
- Policies and Procedures
2. Read the Terms and Conditions for Online Learning
The Terms and Conditions can be found at: https://logisticslearningalliance.com/terms-and-conditions/
3. Read the Guidance on Plagiarism
The guidance on Plagiarism can be found at: https://logisticslearningalliance.com/plagiarism-and-referencing/
4. Read and Sign the Learning Agreement.
Read the Learning Agreement that was sent to you as an attachment to your Welcome Mail.
Complete and sign the document.
5. Return the Signed Learning Agreement and Proof of your Identity to Student Support.
The Student Support Email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Acceptable forms of Identification are usually:
- Photo Driving Licence
- Photo Work ID
- National Photo ID Card
If you do not have any of the above, please speak to us so that we can look at alternatives.
6. Access the LLA Student Campus
The Student Campus can be found at: https://campus.scilworld.com
Login Details for the Student Campus can be found in your Welcome Mail.
7. Download and Extract the Case Study and Learning Materials
You can choose between Windows or MAC in the Download Section of the Campus.
Ensure that you follow the instructions in the Download Section and properly extract the Case Study and Learning Materials to your computer.
Almost all Case Study Issues are because a student has not properly extracted (unzipped) the files.
8. Explore the Case Study and Learning Materials.
Familarise yourself with the Case Study, in particular you should visit:
- Government Information
- Management Information System
- The Meetings
You will need information from these sections to answer the Case Study Questions.
9. Complete the Case Study Questions.
The Case Study questions were sent to you as an attachment to your Welcome Mail.
You will not be able to answer these until you have explored the case study, as almost all of the questions require information from within it.
10. Re-Read the Student Handbook Section - Sending emails – Submitting Assignments and Tasks
Read this section again, so that you know:
- How to label your submission with correct filename.
- Know the correct format for your email subject.
11. Submit your Case Study Questions to your Tutor
Your Tutors name and contact email were sent to you in your Welcome Mail.
- It should be noted that all Assignment Submissions and Help Requests should be sent directly to your tutor unless otherwise directed.
- Our Tutors try to respond to Submissions within 3-5 working days and help requests within 1 working day.
Other Important Details.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced sett
- When you receive your Welcome Mail, you may also receive notification from our student campus of a password change. This is not a security breach on this occasion, this is simply the admin team manually setting a password on creation of your account.
- Our Office Opening Hours are
- We are closed on UK Public Holidays
- Ensure you read the section of the student Handbook regarding sending emails before you email any member of LLA Staff.
- Please inform us immediately in case of any change in your contact details
- We have a fantastic Facebook Community
- If your particular query is not answered in the student handbook, please contact Student Support: email@example.com
- We would stress, that it is important to be disciplined with your studying and try to have a routine in place. You are responsible for your own pace of study.
- Experience has shown us that keeping to a regular timetable, linked with support from your Tutor, is the best way to make good progress through the Programme to a successful conclusion.
- Please get in touch if you feel in need of guidance. You should not hesitate to make full use of the strong Tutor support built into this Programme. The Tutor’s role is to steer you through the Programme to a successful conclusion and our Tutors are always happy to help.
- If you have any difficulty, either with the reference material or with the tasks you can discuss these with your colleagues, your mentor or with us. Please email your queries to us at the above address. But do remember, while we encourage discussion of the concepts raised, the assignments that you submit must be your own work.