Update on COVID-19 Response
As we approach the final month of 2020, we are reflecting on what has been an incredibly difficult and challenging year. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed our world in many ways, with big and small changes to the way we live our ways – from how we work to how we socialise and meet friends and family.
We know that for many working in Humanitarian Logistics, this pandemic has had a major impact on how aid is provided to the most vulnerable. But we also understand that for many who have worked in the sector for years and perhaps even decades, the events of 2020 are anything but unprecedented – many of those in the Humanitarian sector have been on the frontline response to pandemics and natural disasters before COVID and will, regrettably, have to respond to other events once this pandemic has become a thing of the past.
At LLA, our operations as a company have also changed significantly during 2020. Not only have we had a change of management, with Adrian Leigh becoming the owner and Managing Director of LLA, but we have completely changed the way in which we work. In October, we wrote a blog highlighting how and why we have switched to Remote Working and a Virtual Office – you can read our blog here. As we highlight in the blog, this has allowed us to reduce our operating costs and carbon footprint, as well as improve our team’s work-life balance.
As we end this year and look forward to 2021, we hope that the new year will provide us with the opportunity to bounce back from COVID. We are eagerly awaiting news on the upcoming vaccination and look forward to returning to normal as soon as possible!
End of Year HLCP Discount for Individuals and NGOs
At LLA, we are proud to work with many of the leading humanitarian NGOs, including ICRC, UNICEF, WFP, UNHCR, Save the Children, Oxfam, International Rescue Committee, MSF, World Vision and IMC, as well as many others.
We are the exclusive learning providers of the Fritz-CILT Humanitarian Logistics Certification Programmes, recognised as the leading programmes for Logisticians both already working in the field and those who wish to join these or similar organisations. Since their introduction in 2006, the HLC Programmes have helped to drive up standards and increase professionalism across the humanitarian sector, leading to advanced skills and improved capacity building across the humanitarian supply chain.
Between November and December, working in partnership with CILT, we will be providing an End of Year Discount for Individuals and NGOs. The discount will be applicable on all of the main Fritz-CILT Humanitarian Logistics Certification Programmes (CHL, CLH, CHSCM and MedLog). The discount will be available as follows:
- 20% discount for a FULL PAYMENT, or
- 10% discount for a FIRST INSTALMENT
Discount will be applied on the invoice sent by LLA. This discount is available from 23rd November 2020 until 12:00 GMT on 24th December 2020.
For more information, email email@example.com or visit www.logisticslearningalliance.com/fritz-cilt-certifications/
Initial 2021 dates for Humanitarian Essentials Logistics Module (HELM) Events in Africa
We are looking forward to delivering our one and only HELM Event of 2020 in Nairobi, Kenya, with our first event starting on Tuesday 24th November.
As we begin to plan ahead and look forward to a more substantial schedule in 2021, we have confirmed our first events that will take place:
DRC (French speaking events)
- Goma, DRC – 23- 26 Février 2021 HELM 1: Chaîne d’approvisionnement, Entreposage et inventaire & Gestion de flotte et transport $795usd
- Goma, DRC – 1-4 mars 2021 HELM 2: Approvisionnement, Logistique médicale, Leadership vs management $795usd
- 23 Février – 4 Mars HELM 1 & 2 Diplôme de session complète $1400usd
- Bo, Sierra Leone – 19 – 22 March 2021 HELM 1: Supply Chain, Warehousing & Inventory & Fleet Management & Transport $795usd
- Bo, Sierra Leone – 23-26 March 2021 HELM 2: Procurement, Medical Logistics & Leadership vs Management $795usd
- 19 – 26 March full sessions HELM 1 & 2 Diploma programme $1400usd
- Nairobi, Kenya – 20 -23 April 2021 – HELM 1: Supply Chain, Warehousing & Inventory & Fleet Management & Transport $795usd
- Nairobi, Kenya – 26 – 29 April 2021 – HELM 2: Procurement, Medical Logistics & Leadership vs Management $795usd
- 20 – 29 April full sessions HELM 1 & 2 Diploma programme $1400usd
For more information about any of these events or to request a registration pack, please email HLCRegistrations@logisticslearningalliance.com or Haydn@logisticslearningalliance.com, or complete our online enquiry form here.
Useful information for Humanitarians:
Here’s a selection of blogs, articles and videos from the past few months that we think might be of interest to you:
- World Disaster Report 2020 by IFRC – an important report on the impact of Climate Change
- COVID-19 Vaccines and International Humanitarian Laws: ensuring equal access in conflict-affected countries
- What Being a Humanitarian Means to Me – an excellent article from HELM graduate Noah Steinberg-Di Stefano
Latest Feedback from Students
We were delighted to receive this really nice feedback from current Certification in Humanitarian Logistics (CHL) student Dhirendra Joshi! Thanks Dhirendra and good luck for the remainder of your CHL Programme!
Congratulations to new LLA Graduates
Congratulations to all those who graduated from LLA Programmes between October and December 2020!
Connect with LLA on social media
Don’t forget – you can connect with LLA in a number of different ways on social media. Follow the links below to follow us and receive the latest news and updates: